GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

Kindle will not grab the wifi to download shopping in store

Customer Question

Kindle white will not grab the wifi to download shopping in store or see special offers
JA: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Kindle?
Customer: It did yesterday but won't bring up the sign in page
JA: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that I was seeing the locked secure wifi and the ready available one
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 14 days ago.

Hi there. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Let's begin by shutting your Kindle Paperwhite completely rather than just putting it to sleep, which is what happens when you press the power button. You can either press and hold the power button for a full 20 seconds to shut it down, or you can tap on SETTINGS and then tap on RESTART YOUR KINDLE.

After your Kindle has restarted, please tap on the SETTINGS icon (looks like a sun), then tap SETTINGS once more on the next screen. Tap WIRELESS. Look for your wifi network in the list. Please see if it has a checkmark beside it. if it does, you should be able to connect to wifi now.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 14 days ago.

If it is not checked, please TAP the network and enter your WIFI password, then tap connect.

If it was checked, yet still not working, tap the network name, then tap FORGET this network, and try to connect to it again.

If you continue to have trouble, you may need to restart your wifi router.

Please try these steps and keep me posted as to your progress. Please let me know about any problems that you run into or any questions that you may have. If this resolves your problem. please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully, I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2nG6XLy and ask for GeekGal. Thank you!