Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of E-Readers
32989067

Kindle won't turn on, kindle 4th generation, i have not used

Customer Question

kindle won't turn on
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: kindle 4th generation
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i have not used it in a while went to use it and it won't turn on .. I bought a new charger for it and it still does not work. it shows a book on the screen to purchase but won't turn n and off
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello

Welcome

Please reset the kindle by holding down (or slide to the right on early kindles) the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.

Let me know if you need more help OR if this does not work for you.

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release credit to me thank you.

Regards

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have tried this it does not work
Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

Did you try exactly as described above?if you did that, please charge the kindle for about 20 mins then try again, let me know if you have joy with that or not before we move on

Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

By charge leave it on the charger for 20 mins then try again

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have been trying for a few days. It has been charged, but the green charge light does not come on
Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

How old is the kindle and what type is it?fire\paperwhite etc?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have been trying for a few days. It has been charged, but the green charge light does not come on4th generation it was purchase in 2011
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
4th generation it was purchase in 2011
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

When you held the power button, did the screen turn off?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No it did not
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, it was not then held long enough, make sure please you hold the power button until the screen goes blank.

Then release and power it on

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i held the power button for 3 minutes and it did nothing. won't turn on or off
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thanks

It is the internal memory that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that we cannot get to the recovery window, confirms it is the memory that shorts out, and causes the device to stall.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

you're welcome

Let me know if you need anything else, and please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you