Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-readers.
30037186

Just received my new Kindle and trying to set up. Don't get

Customer Question

Just received my new Kindle and trying to set up. Don't get the tool bar at the top of the screen. Fully charged.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It's brand new! Just received it today. 6" light screen
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Again. I just received it. Just out of the box. Charged it and started to follow directions, but no toolbar at the top of the screen so I can continue. Don't know how to trouble shoot.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-reader Tech replied 9 days ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please press and hold the Power on / off button on your new kindle for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

- If that does not work, swipe down from the top of the kindle's screen in order to get a menu.

- And/or touch & release the middle of the kindle's screen. Or tap and release the top of the kindle's screen.

- If there is still any issue, please let me know the model of your kindle, such as regular Kindle, or Kindle Paperwhite, or Kindle Fire, or Kindle Voyage, etc.
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,