Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Several years of occasional experience with aspects of E-Reader technology.
13568747

I moved my old sony ebooks from my PC to my new kindle

Customer Question

I moved my old sony ebooks from my PC to my new kindle paperwhite but can't find my books on the kindle
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: what's my printer got to do with my question
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just bought it today
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes. I have had a sony ereader for the past 12 yrs & I dropped it yesterday & broke it.. I asked the tech section how to move my old ebooks on my PC to my new kindle & did what they said. But I can't find the books
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 days ago.

It is probable that they gave you, literally, instructions on moving those Sony e-book files, but not how to make them useful once they were moved to a Kindle.

The format for Sony e-books is too different for a Kindle to even see them (apparently) as such.

So converting them with a file converter, on your PC, before so moving them to the Kindle device, might have a better result.

If you would like to try that, please tell me what one of the Sony e-book files on your computer is:

1. in point of its full file name, including extension, and/or

2. its File Type in its right-click Properties, see the File Type listed on the General tab of the file's Properties.

Let me know, if you'd like to try that, and I will attempt to find a converter you can try using on the Sony e-book files to make them readable once so converted and moved onto a Kindle / your Kindle device.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.