Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

My Kindle 3 paper reader just went crazy last night. The

My Kindle 3 paper white reader just went crazy last night. The home page does not show my list of books..in list form. It shows the front cover of all 108 books. Can you help me get to the settings so I can reset it? Thanks
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is about 5 years old. Wait just a minute, please.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I cannot find any history on age, etc. it started this about 24 hours ago and Pearl, you are my first troubleshooter
JA: Thank you.
Customer: Am I supposed torespond to the kindle questions? Y
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I am confused enough enough. When you connect us, please tell me what to do. I am too old for this..almost 80.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.
The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.