Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-readers.
30037186

I'm having a technical problem with my kindle. I was

Customer Question

I'm having a technical problem with my kindle. I was exploring my settings to see how it worked,; then, I don't know what I did, but my kindle starting talking, and then it would respond to my touch motions. I wanted to undo whereever I did, but the touch screen wouldn't respond to sliding down. The carousel quit working; when I log in, I have to double click each number. and that voice keeps talking, repeating every keystroke I make. I have a kindle fire hd gen 2 I believe. Thanks, *****: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I don't know, where would I get that info; I can't navigate in my kindle at all. I think it"s a kindle fire HD 2nd gen. I got about 3 years ago, I think.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It just started tonight, as I said, I was messing around with my settings to see what would happen. I think I was in Accessibility area. I tried rebooting, but nothing changed.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-reader Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please press and hold the power on/off button on the kindle for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on. Then do the followings:

- Method 1:

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen with two fingers to open Quick Actions.

Tip: If you're on the lock screen, place two fingers on the screen, swipe to the left, and then open Quick Actions.

2. Tap Settings, and then double-tap the screen to open the Settings menu.
  3. Tap Accessibility, and then double-tap the screen to open the Accessibility menu.
  4. Next to Screen Reader, tap Off, and then double-tap the screen to confirm your selection.
  5. In the alert that appears, tap Continue, and then double-tap the screen. When the Screen Reader is disabled, Explore by Touch is turned off automatically.
  6. Then check.

- Method 2:
1. Swipe from the top with 2 fingers separated
(Tip: If you're on the lock screen, place two fingers on the screen, swipe to the left, and then open Quick Actions.)
2. Tap on More twice
3. Tap on Accessibility twice
4. Explore by Touch - turn Off
5. Voice Guide - turn Off

NOTE: If you cannot select something, make make sure to double-tap.

- Method 3:
1. Swipe from the top with 2 fingers separated.

2. Tap on Settings twice
3. Tap on Accessibility twice
4. Explore by Touch - Off
5. Screen Reader - Off

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

If needed, please click on the website below for video instructions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPZlWh5yK9M

It looks like you are not there. When can schedule another time.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,