Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Kindle eems tro have died, what should I do? Not sure,

Customer Question

My Kindle eems tro have died, what should I do?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Not sure, quite a while, do they have limited life expectancy?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried changing the charger, fiddled with the switch, found little in the paperwork
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, except that I am very dependent on it!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS).

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Were you able to get any response from the Kindle please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well, it has come to life all by itself. I only wanted to know whether it had a limited life span
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Excellent and glad it's working. It's like all other electronics- they don't last an infinite amount of time, and there's no way to predict how long, but we generally see them last between 5-7 years under normal use.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm not sure how long you've owned this one either.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars)?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Do you need further assistance?