Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

Husband has died, and I wish to give his Kindle to my son.

Customer Question

husband has died, and I wish to give his Kindle to my son. How can he use use a gift card to put books on the Kindle. I think I must reregister th Kindle in his name, but he doesn't have a checking account, and I want to make ebooks available to him. Thank you.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It was a Christmas gift this year, a Paperwhite, and my husband could just order books on the device, but I don't want my son to have unlimited access to my credit card account.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: He just died Monday. I haven't done any troubleshooting, frankly, I wouldn't know how, but he loved his little device, and ordered a number of books just by pressing a button. I would like to give my son a gift card to order a few with, for now.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything. We still have the funeral to go through, so maybe next week I could pursue this, but I would like to know how! Thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Cris replied 1 month ago.

Hi there, I am Cris and will be glad to assist.

Do you still want assistance with your questions?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but not until after the funeral, which will be Monday, Feb 6. I have too much on my mind right now. Thanks
Expert:  Cris replied 1 month ago.

OK, I am very sorry for your loss. If you like I can just provide you the instructions or you can just reply back to me here when you ready.