Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

Sometime ago, I ordered the book, Sins of the Father, by

Customer Question

Sometime ago, I ordered the book, Sins of the Father, by Denise Grover Swank. When I went to read it, there was a message that said an error occurred. So I tried to buy it again and was told I already had bought it which was so nice. What can I do? Thanks so much for your help.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: It's a Dell Tablet and I have the Kindle app.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This is the first time, and I don't know how to do any troubleshooting.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I guess not.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

You can re-download the purchased book.

Are you able to log into your Amazon account at amazon.com using your web browser?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have tried to redownload the book and it doesn't work. Now I am paying $28 for a book that cost me only $2.99. Am I stupid or not??? The $23 was not mentioned when I agreed to the $5 charge. And yes I can log into my amazon account.

Would you like me to continue helping? It's your choice.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I will not pay any more. I just want to be able to get my Kindle book that I have already paid for. The error message says: "Unable to download. There was an error downloading the book. Please try again later. If you continue having problems, please contact Kindle Customer Service" I have had the book for some time and just recently decided to read it. I hate to buy it again since I've had to pay $28 for your help.

There's no additional charge for me to continue helping. But before I do, you have the option of getting a refund from JustAnswer. We don't want you to pay for something you don't want - so you can request a refund from JustAnswer, or I can continue helping.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hey, it finally worked. I got my book. Thank you. I assume I will get the $5 of the $28 returned to me.

You can request a refund from JustAnswer. I do not have access to billing.