GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

I know i have purchased for download numerous books.. only 7

Customer Question

i know i have purchased for download numerous books.. only 7 show up on the kindle.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: ive pulled up device info. is that what you need?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: quite awhile.. im not much of a trouble shooter.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: is device info i pulled up sufficient to give to the expert?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, software, phones, tablets, e-readers, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. For some reason. I am unable to see the device info that you mentioned. can you repost that please?

Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Please login to your account at www.amazon.com/myk. On the page that appears next, you will see a CONTENT Tab and a DEVICES Tab. On the CONTENT tab you will see all of your Kindle book purchases. You can sort them by title, author or purchase date. Please locate the book that you want to download to your Kindle, select it by checking it and then click on the ACTIONS column. Choose deliver as the action. Select your device from the Device list. If you have more than one Kindle, make sure that you choose the Kindle that you are actively using. Don't select the Kindle Cloud reader unless you have downloaded the Kindle Cloud Reader APP to a computer or device other than your Kindle and wish to read it there.

If you still have issues after following these steps, you may be nearing full capacity on your Kindle, and may need to delete a few of the books that you have already read. The books that you delete from your Kindle will continue to be available at the Amazon website under My CONTENT if you should wish to download them again at some point in the future.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

If you have a lot of books that you will need to delete you may find it faster and easier to simply reset your device to factory defaults and start over with a clean slate.

If you do choose to reset it to factory defaults, you don't have to be concerned about losing your books. The books that you have purchased from your Kindle will continue to be available at the Amazon website under My CONTENT if you should wish to download them again at some point in the future.

If you wish to do so, here's how:

Please hold the power button or switch in the off position for a full 40 seconds. This should reset the Kindle to factory defaults. You will know that it successfully reset to factory defaults, if it reset the Kindle back to the way it was when you took it out of the box. Did it do that? If not, please try it again, being sure to hold the power button for a FULL 40 seconds. If it did require you to set it up again, then the factory reset was successful.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If this resolves your problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know. I am committed to working with you until your problem has been resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!