Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

First let me explain I rang general number. They said I need

Customer Question

First let me explain I rang general number. They said I need to contact Kindle team.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: My problem is that I have a Retina iMac and my Kindle download is failing. This has happened twice before but generally works . I downloaded same Kindlw book to iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Pro no problem
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It is random. Generally download of a Kindke book works no problem to my Retina iMac I have tried repeatedly over two days turning machine off, etc. I am a tech guy.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The same book downloaded fine on iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Pro and this problem has occurred with other Kindle books but usually works on 2nd or 3rd try.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, software, phones, tablets, e-readers, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Are you using the Kindle Reading APP for MAC? If not, please go the MAC APP store and download it. If you already have it, please uninstall and re-install the latest version. That may resolve the issue. Please give this a try and let me know the results.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The latest version will always download this is how the Apple infrastructure works. What is the version number of the latest version of Kindle for the Mac. I have not upgraded to the latest version of the OS for the iMac since too many problems reported. I am waiting a while longer for bugs to be fixed.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

I understand the Apple infrastructure works, however, just because things are supposed to work a certain way in theory, it does not always work out that way in reality. In fact, if it were me, I would uninstall the APP, restart your MAC, and reinstall.

I also understand your reluctance to upgrade to the latest version of the MAC operating system. I tend to be that way myself. That should not affect the ability of the app to work properly with your current OS, as long as the APP itself is up to date. Please give this a try and let me know the results.