GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

I have a Do1200 Kindle, mistake to unregister, now want to

Customer Question

I have a Do1200 Kindle, mistake to unregister, now want to register to get books and it wont register. My computer and tablet get the kindle app
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Kindle Model Do1200, bought from amazon a few years ago. I have not used for a year, so maybe they dropped me
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I did a reset and have tried for 3 days to get it to register. It did take my password ***** wifi and that works and I can get into the kindle shop, but will not let me order until it is registered.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just how to register, my tablet and computer my password ***** the amazon account, but the kindle does not. I do have amazon prime
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, software, phones, tablets, e-readers, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

There was a mandatory update last spring for all Kindles. Without that update, older Kindles will no longer connect to the internet. Since you haven't used in a year it is likely that you missed that update. Fortunately, you can manually install the update by using the cable that came with your Kindle to connect to your computer. Please click the link below for detailed instructions:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201994710

After you have successfully installed the update, your Kindle should connect to wifi properly.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If this resolves your problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know. I am committed to working with you until your problem has been resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!