Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It, Technician
Experience:  ... its a whole library in your hands.
2926636

Can't register my fire ... I have the password for computer

Customer Question

Can't register my fire ... I have the password ***** computer but the kindle is not accepting
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Kindle fire 10
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've been trying for and hour or so
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it thx
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is Shaw aka Dr.Fix-It , Your online expert ready to assist you...

If you have a secured WIFI wireless internet connection, the Kindle needs the password ***** connect to your home network to access the internet.

Note the password ***** connect to your WIFI is the wireless web key / password not the login in password ***** the kindle or Amazon... * Before connecting the Kindle to the wi-fi network, you should know the settings of your router. If it is secured then you must know the correct key or password. first look on the label of your wireless router for the default ID and wireless password ***** web key to use, if that does not work & you are not sure about the settings then you will need to open the setup page of the router (please provide the model #) and check the settings. If do not currently have a home wireless setup, may go to a free local wifi hotspot like McDonalds or coffee shops like Starbucks.

Once have the Kindle Fire connected to a WIFI signal, may need to register your Kindle you will need to log into your AMAZON account and then may proceed to register your Kindle device... If you purchased your Kindle directly from Amazon then it is already registered to your account.

NOTE:

Here is how to find your password ***** a Windows Vista, 7, 8, or 10 laptop computer connected now on your home wireless network -> Can reference this online guide (click here) : Go to the bottom left of your computer screen, click on the windows icon and Type ncpa.cpl in the search or run bar on the bottom left, then press Enter. A new window should open with your wireless connection listed. Right-click on your 'wireless network connection' and select STATUS from the menu options. Click the ‘Wireless Properties’ button and select the SECURITY tab. Check the box to Show Characters of your network password. May then note it and click cancel to close the window without making any changes to it.

Please give it a try and let me know if have any questions along the way with a reply....only rate my answer ok, great, or EXCELLENT after we have worked on the issue together to your satisfaction. Bonuses are welcomed & appreciated. I look forward to any future inquires as well, Thank You