Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

I have the kindle B004 and the top quarter of the screen has

Customer Question

I have the kindle B004 and the top quarter of the screen has just gone blank and I miss the top quarter of each page and there is a faint image of a square chip in the top right hand corner and has always been in the protective case with the light attached. C
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: the make is Amazon kindle. Model is B004 the one with keypad on the front and about 5 yrs old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just happened this morning when I turned it on and I have not tried anything at this stage
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this moment thank u
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.