Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It, Technician
Experience:  ... its a whole library in your hands.
2926636

Bought my granddaughter a childrens kindle fire for

Customer Question

bought my granddaughter a childrens kindle fire for christmas but it will not charge and is frozen on 1% battery life. Is there anything I can do
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: its a 7inch childrens kindle fire bought in december
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: havent tried anything because I didnt want to do damage
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 3 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** Dr.Fix-It , Your online expert ready to assist you... Please first plug in your Kindle and while still plugged try a basic reset / restart per steps below:`Press and hold the Power button for a full 45 seconds.Only release the Power button after 45 seconds.If your device does not automatically restart after another 30 seconds, press the Power button to turn it on.If the first attempt does not yield any positive results, wait a few more minutes while the Kindle recharges to retry the 45 seconds reset process again.` Please give it a try and let me know if have any questions along the way with a reply....only rate my answer ok, great, or EXCELLENT after we have worked on the issue together to your satisfaction. Bonuses are welcomed & appreciated. I look forward to any future inquires as well, Thank You
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It's on but not charging
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not charging

Please make sure the cable is properly seated...If press and hold the power button for 45 seconds and release does the power / charge light change? Also, Have you tried a different outlet or charge cable?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I've tried them all

Will need to speak to Kindle customer service to get replacement at this point, no worries it is under warranty for 1 year from purchase date.

Please call 1-***-***-**** to get replacement exchange, thanks.