Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It, Technician
Experience:  ... its a whole library in your hands.
2926636

Full charge. light on. the page which is on when reader is

Customer Question

full charge. green light on. the page which is on when reader is off is on screen. When I turn it on, that page remains but menu or home comes up. It is like a double exposer. Can not get out of that mode.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: just says amazon kindle. old model # D00901
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Started today. It had been sitting for a week
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Shaw aka Dr.Fix-It , Your online expert ready to assist you...

Please first plug in your Kindle and while still plugged in after few minutes try a basic reset / restart per steps below:

`

• Press and hold the Power button for a full 45 seconds.
  • Only release the Power button after 45 seconds.
  • If your device does not automatically restart after another 30 seconds, press the Power button to turn it on.
  • If the first attempt does not yield any positive results, wait a few more minutes while the Kindle recharges to retry the 45 seconds reset process again.

`

Please give it a try and let me know if have any questions along the way with a reply....only rate my answer ok, great, or EXCELLENT after we have worked on the issue together to your satisfaction. Bonuses are welcomed & appreciated. I look forward to any future inquires as well, Thank You

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Tried the procedure twice did not work. I did see a black bar fill in but still no results.

Sorry if will not revive with the power reset then the internal battery or circuits are not holding charge to re-energize and restart the device.

I realize that the answer provided may not of been entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand and found this information useful to save you hours of frustration.

It would not be economical to try to repair, if primary just for reading, can get replacement 6" Kindle starting at under $80 (click here) or if would like a new Kindle Fire 7" with color screen which can also install apps and watch video for under $50 (click here).