Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I cant turn it on..it is fully charged but the swipe command

Customer Question

i cant turn it on..it is fully charged but the swipe command is not working..seth koch
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: i have no idea..you can look at my amazon account ..it is my 3rd reader and it is the one that has accompanying advertising...
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: did not turn on last night..checked that it was fully charged and it was and i have no knowledge of any trouble shooting to do ..that is why i am writing you!
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: again, i have no idea what else you need from me.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?