Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Several years of occasional experience with aspects of E-Reader technology.
13568747

I have a kindle and have ot used it in years. I'm not sure

Customer Question

I have a kindle and have ot used it in years. I'm not sure if it is in my name as my daughter signed me up with her credit card. I would like to sign up under my name and m credit card.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Amazon/Kindle, model D00701 . Not sure how old. Around 8 or more years
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have been trying to contact amazon to re-sign up. Not able to connect with Amazon kindle.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO, Thank you
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

To get your Kindle under your name / email, and your credit card, you would need to have it registered to your own Amazon.com account.

(But, if it is not already so registered, and is registered to a different Amazon.com account... in which case you should be able to buy books through it without trouble... then whose Amazon.com account is it registered to? you will need their cooperation to get it registered to you... unless you have no alternative, and you are sure it is yours as a piece of property etc... in which case there may be a roundabout remedy to pursue.)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The credit card is no longer in use. Need to cancel card with amazon and use another card. Kindle is registered in my name.

OK, then, you just need to update your credit card information.

First sign in to your Amazon.com account.

Then go to

"Payment"

(or maybe it is "My Account Settings")

(or maybe it is "Account Settings")

(and one place says it is 'Your Account' ??)

and then go to Add a Credit or Debit Card

and enter the new card.

Then when that's done, go to

Manage Payment Methods,

to delete the credit card there, the old credit card that is.

I seem to recall that removing the old credit card first is not advisable, or is hard to do, or leads to extra work, so add the new card first, then remove the old card after that.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.