Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My very old kindle is frozen with the picture of a battery

Customer Question

My very old kindle is frozen with the picture of a battery reading very low on it. It will not do anything. The light changes from yellow to green, but nothing works. It just shows the low batttery. Any thoughts?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: all I have is the box with(###) ###-####or FSN BOOE 15011433EKD. It's over 5 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It started less than a month ago. I have tried to charge it on every charger I have. Currently it's plugged into my Lenovo.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with the Model of the Kindle and also the AGE of the unit- and we can proceed.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.