Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Several years of occasional experience with aspects of E-Reader technology.
13568747

Kindle e reader does not recognise my amazon.com password

Customer Question

Hi , Kindle e reader does not recognise my amazon.com password *****
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: paperwithe around 2 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have 2 amazon accounts , a good month for the first one, less for the second.i did restarts
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: and now i did the trick like a full restart and I don t see any of my books anymore
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I hope this helps: if you did such a full reset that your books, the downloaded copies on your Kindle device, were wiped off it, then you probably have a Kindle that isn't sure who it belongs to, and is in factory-release condition.

The first thing to try then, is to see whether just going to

Register

on your Kindle, and registering it to one of your 2 Amazon.com account (and decide which one is best first, and also be sure as to which account your password ***** ***** for, period.)

After that... if the password ***** period, after several tries, you may have to have your password ***** using a computer or some other smart device and not your current Kindle.

Then once you are sure you are logging in to your Amazon.com account (the one you want to re-register your Kindle to) on the computer or other device that isn't your current Kindle, then try logging in, carefully, on the Kindle to re-register it, and observing the difference between UPPER-CASE and lower-case letters, which is vital to a password ***** properly.

Let me know how it turns out. I'd like to see this case through to a good conclusion.

(Note: when doing a reset of an Amazon.com account, be sure you do not hurry the process. If you expect the reset to work instantly, you are expecting wrongly: it may take at least 10 minutes to propagate through Amazon's servers, and then work ... password ***** seem to not work, when one does not give them a little time to work. Computers are fast, but not infinitely fast, if you know what I'm saying.)

So let me know how it goes, please. Thanks.