Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I bought a kindle keyboard (my six's), I have an amazon

Customer Question

I bought a kindle keyboard (my six's), I have an amazon account and a password. When I type this information in I get the following message: Your kindle is unable to connect at this time, please make sure you are in the wireless range (i am, as I have entered the information and the wifi sign indicates it) I have put my email and password ***** my kindle ipad account, and voila, it works, but not on the recent kindle!
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: It is a kindle keyboard, one of the older types.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I bought it on ebay, as the newer versions of the kindle do not have the voice activation. I tried it today, after I recharged it and when it
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have tried switching it of and on.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
This is the massage I get AFTER I put my password ***** and press submit.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sorry, MESSAGE
Expert:  Pete replied 10 days ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 10 days ago.

This will occur if the software on the Kindle is not up to date.

You'll have to update it manually to get it working again, by downloading the update file from Amazon's website and transferring it to your Kindle via a USB cable. For more detailed instructions, see:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?tag=skim1x139863-20&nodeId=200529680

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Expert:  Pete replied 8 days ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.