Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It, Technician
Experience:  ... its a whole library in your hands.
2926636

How can I archive? I have an older nook and can't seem to

Customer Question

How can I archive? I have an older nook and can't seem to find archive info?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Not sure of make/model, but it is at least 5yrs old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: started reusing it after several year hiatus. Can't find the buttons on Nook or B+N website
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: E-Readers
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I used to be able to archive several years ago, but can't seem to find the controls to do so now.
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is Shaw aka Dr.Fix-It , Your online expert ready to assist you...

1. Make sure your NOOK Tablet's WiFi system is enabled and the device is successfully connected to the Internet.
  2. Press the ∩ button to display the quick nav bar.
  3. Tap the Library button.
  4. Press and hold on the book cover. A menu offers several options.
  5. Tap Archive.

Please give it a try and let me know if have any questions along the way with a reply....only rate my answer ok, great, or EXCELLENT after we have worked on the issue together to your satisfaction. Bonuses are welcomed & appreciated. I look forward to any future inquires as well, Thank You

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did steps 1 2 3 4 no menu 5 no archive
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No what?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Now what?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't think I 'm getting my moneys worth here. All I get is silence. You either know how to fix this or you don't. Please either help me or say you cant.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My nook serial # is 10110400299030056, if tells you what model I have. please respond
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My software is 1.7.0

Sorry for the delay was busy with other inquiries... Please click here to watch video guide on the archive process for your Nook 1st edition.

If still have an issue please try a soft reset by pressing and holding down the power button for a full 45 seconds... only after 45 seconds release the power button, then wait few more seconds to tap on the power button to restart the Nook device.

Once have it restarted make sure have a good WIFI wireless internet connection to be able to archive the content. reference video here.

Please give it another go and do let me know if make any progress or still have any issues. . .

Thanks for the additional information and your patience troubleshooting the matter,

Shaw

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Dr. Fix it: All of your responses have part plain language and part in computer talk which is unintelligible. The place where you said click here, doesn't click. I would like to get a response from you where the colored strips are in plain language and the click here place responds to a click. Please help. Thomas B*****

Thomas, Please hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard and then at same time click on the underlined links below, otherwise if still have an issue opening the links, can also just copy and paste web address on your internet browser or just type the address in manually in the address bar on the top of your explorer, chrome, firefox or safari browser (first link is how to archive or delete and second link is how to setup WIFI wireless):

http://tinyurl.com/hbddey2

&

http://tinyurl.com/gtyzy7v

I.e if the links still do not open with hold down CTRL key and click on them, in you web browser address bar type the addresses below the pre-fix is the same for both tinyurl.com followed by a forward slash / and then the combination of letters and numbers:

tinyurl.com/hbddey2

tinyurl.com/gtyzy7v