Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-readers.
30037186

My amazon kindle is about 7 years old and I went to use it

Customer Question

my amazon kindle is about 7 years old and I went to use it today and slid the power button across to power it on and the screen went frozen and blank with the picture still somewhat there. how do I fix it?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: its about 7 years old and the model number on the back is: D00901
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: today is the first time that its happened and I've tried restarting it but the screen doesn't respond with any words, it tries to get the picture back on the screen but it doesn't manage it
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-reader Tech replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please slide and hold the Power button on your Kindle for about 45 seconds, then check?

- If needed, try charging the kindle on a computer, if you have one, and check.

- If needed, while charging, slide and hold the Power button hard this time for about 60 seconds, and then turn it back on and check.

- If there is still issue, the kindle is very old, so it is hardware issue. You would need a new kindle if it is still not working after trying the above steps.

- And/or you can read your kindle books on a computer, if you have, by signing in your Amazon account at the Amazon website below on your computer:

https://read.amazon.com

- And/or if you you have a tablet or smartphone, you can read your kindle books on it by using the Kindle app (which you can download / install from Play Store or App Store.)

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,