Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

My wife dropped her Kindle Fire a short distance on a

Customer Question

My wife dropped her Kindle Fire a short distance on a thickly carpeted floor but it won't turn on now. The Kindle logo comes up on the screen, then after a few seconds brightens, then all of a sudden goes black.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: It has not been a problem. I don't know the make and model. Is that info on the Kindle?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just a few days. I held in the start button for 40 seconds (as I read in other troubleshooting blogs might help) but it still acts the same way
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i don't know much about it because i never use it, but I cannot think of anything else
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 1 month ago.

My name is***** will assist you.

I am sorry to hear that happened.

This may be caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release. If that fails then it means something came loose internally.

Usually the cost to repair is too much and the best option is to purchase a new or refurbished kindle which is a good value,

You can read the books from another device or computer while you are getting the kindle replaced with the Kindle app which is available for most major smartphones, tablets and computers. That means with your free Kindle reading apps, you can buy a Kindle book once, and read it on any device with the Kindle app installed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thanks. Already tried to reboot as suggested 40 seconds

Your welcome!