Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I want to register my husband's kindle. It keeps getting

Customer Question

I want to register my husband's kindle. It keeps getting info from my kindle
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It's a 2nd generation kindle
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried registering his but it said it didn't work
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want his kindle to be separate from mine
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, software, phones, tablets, e-readers, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. The best way to separate your Kindle devices is for each of you to have your own Amazon account.

I suggest that you DEREGISTER YOUR husband's KINDLE. Here's how:

1. If you are not already on the Home screen, press the Home button.

2. Press the Menu button. Make sure that Whispernet is turned on.

3. Move the 5-way down until “Settings” is underlined and press to select.

4. Press the 5-way to select “de-register.”

5. Select “ok” to confirm.

After you have done this, follow these steps to re-register it using your husband's Amazon account.

4. Press the 5-way to select “register.”

5. You will see a text entry box at the bottom of the screen to enter your Amazon.com user name and password (the e-mail address and password ***** with your Amazon account). Use the keyboard to enter in your information.

6. Navigate the 5-way to select “submit” to finish the registration process or “cancel” to cancel your registration. Tip: If your Amazon.com user name or password ***** characters not present on the Kindle keyboard, press the Symbol key on the bottom of the keyboard to see a menu of additional characters and select the character you require.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know the results.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do not see the menu button nor settings on his kindle
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Ok. Let's try this:

Let's reset his Kindle back to factory defaults and then just use the setup wizard to register it to his Amazon account (unique to him, different than yours). Here's how to do it:

Please hold the power button or switch in the off position for a full 40 seconds. This should reset the Kindle to factory defaults. You will know that it successfully reset to factory defaults, if it reset the Kindle back to the way it was when you took it out of the box. Did it do that? If not, please try it again, being sure to hold the power button for a FULL 40 seconds. If it did require you to set it up again, then the factory reset was successful.

Please be sure that when you are setting it back up that you use his Amazon account (unique to him, different than yours). Please let me know if this resolves the issue.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have the payment info on the form. I can't put a password ***** none is recognized
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry. As an independent contractor I don't have access to billing information. I do know that sometimes these problems arise when your credit card company sees a second charge from the same company and suspects a mistake or possible fraud. You can usually resolve the issue by contacting them and reassuring then that it is a legitimate charge, or you can simply use a different card. I fyou need more help you can contact our Customer Service via email at *****@******.*** or you can view options for contacting them by chat or phone at ww2.justanswer.com/help