Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It, Technician
Experience:  ... its a whole library in your hands.
2926636

I am having of late problems with synchronizing my sony

Customer Question

I am having of late problems with synchronizing my sony ereader
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: it is PRS-T1 and from 2012
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: it is going on for about 1 month and don't know about which trouble shooting I should use
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Shaw aka Dr.Fix-It , Your online expert ready to assist you...

'First do a soft reset of your PRS-T1:

1. Locate the reset button access hole. It is labeled RESET and, depending on your model, can be found on the back or bottom of your Reader device.

PRS 500 NOTE: On the PRS-500 model, you must remove the soft cover to locate the rest button access hole.

2. Using a thin object such as a paper clip or stylus (included with touch models), press the RESET button.
  3. The screen will not change after pressing the RESET button. You must now slide the POWER switch or press the POWER button (PRST1 only) to turn on the Reader device again.

Next follow steps below:

1. Make sure you that you are using the Reader for PC (CLICK HERE to download latest software to your computer) or Reader for Mac software.

NOTE: These models are not compatible with the Reader Library software.

2. When you connect your Reader Digital Book to the computer, depending on your model, do the following:
    • PRS-T1: In the USB connected screen, make sure you tap the Data Transfer Mode icon so that your Reader goes into Data Transfer Mode.
  3. If the problem persists, close the software, re-open it, and then check the connection status again.
  4. Verify that the Reader Digital Book battery has an adequate charge.

NOTE: If the battery is discharged, allow the battery to charge for at least one hour before attempting to connect the Reader Digital Book to the software.

5. Verify that the Reader Digital Book is turned on and is not locked (if device is locked & do not know the pin code, will need to be hard reset back to factory settings).
  6. Verify that the USB cable is properly and securely connected to the Reader Digital Book and the computer.

NOTE: The USB cable should be connected directly to the computer. Connecting the Reader Digital Book using a USB hub or extension cable is not supported.

7. Verify that the Reader Digital Book displays the USB connection indicator in the upper-right corner of the screen.
  8. Remove any Memory Stick® media or SD media in the Reader Digital Book.
  9. Disconnect any other USB Device except for your Keyboard, Mouse or Wireless USB transmitter.
  10. Then try to disconnect and then reconnect the Reader Digital Book back to the computer, allow a few moments for the driver to reinstall and then check the status.
  11. If the problem still happens, turn off your Reader digital book and do a hard reset as outlined below:

IMPORTANT: After doing a Hard Reset, it will be necessary to authorize your unit again

1. With the Sony® Reader powered on, on the bottom of the device, press and hold the power button until the Device Shutdown screen appears.
  2. In the Device Shutdown screen, press Yes.
  3. Press the power button again to turn the Reader Wi-Fi back on.
  4. While the screen displays opening book....., simultaneously press and hold down the Page Turn (Next) and Back buttons.
    NOTE: In a few moments "Loading" will appear in the upper-left corner and start to flash. Continue holding the buttons down.
  5. Allow the Home screen to fully load (Loading... should no longer flash in the top left corner of your screen) and then do the following button sequence while still holding down the Page Turn (Next) and Back buttons:
  6. Release - Press - Release the Back button only and then Release the Page Turn (Next) button.
  7. In the Would you like to execute Factory Initialize screen, press Yes.
  8. Press the power button again to turn on the Reader Wi-Fi. The Reader Wi-Fi will be set to factory settings.

If issue persist and possible, install the Reader software on a different computer and connect the Reader Digital Book to test.

The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.

'

Please give it a try and let me know if have any questions along the way with a reply....only rate my answer ok, great, or EXCELLENT after we have worked on the issue together to your satisfaction. Bonuses are welcomed & appreciated. I look forward to any future inquires as well, Thank You

Please follow the outlined steps given above, if still unable resolve sync issue do to wireless signal not connected, then see below for WI-FI setup:

To connect to a wireless access point, do the following:

1. Stand within range of the wireless access point to which you want to connect.
  2. Press the Home button.
  3. Open the Settings menu. To open the Settings menu, use the appropriate steps for your model:
    • PRS-T1: Tap the right arrow (< ) to go to the second page of the Home menu and then under System, tapSettings..
  4. On the Settings menu, tap Wireless Network Settings.
  5. Make sure that there is a check mark in front of Wi-Fi® (Turn on Wi-Fi). It should look like this:
  6. Tap Wi-Fi Settings. The Reader Wi-Fi automatically detects available Wi-Fi signals in its proximity and lists them on the screen.
  7. Under Wi-Fi Networks, tap the network you want to connect to.
  8. If an encryption key is not required, your Reader device will connect to the network you selected.
  9. If an encryption key or password is required, you will be prompted to enter it.
  10. Enter the key and then tap OK.

NOTE: You may find it helpful to tap the Show Password box. Since some passwords are a mixture of upper and lower case letters and numbers this makes it easy for you to check to ensure that you have entered the password *****

11. Your Reader Wi-Fi is now setup and connected. You should now see the following icon indicating you are connected:

NOTE: Once the Wi-Fi network is configured, your Reader™ Digital book will connect to it whenever it is in range. When the Reader device is connected to a Wi-Fi network, the Wi-Fi icon appears in the top-right of the Reader screen. The more bars you see on the icon, the stronger the connection.