Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

Downloaded a couple sample books. at some point, my

Customer Question

downloaded a couple sample books. at some point, my paperwhite no longer responded to any touch commands. tried bringing it to full charge with no results. what now? Swipe to unlock is the only screen I can get.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: just bought it a month ago from amazon.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: DP75SSD1. just happened last night. only started using it a couple weeks ago. doesn't respond to any touch. no idea what else I can do
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: please make your model #s large enough to read without a microscope
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,