Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My paper- crashed and I cannot sign on again, I have only

Customer Question

My paper-white crashed and I cannot sign on again
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I have only had it about a year. Not a printer [ a Kindle Paperwhite and it's only about a year old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I;ve tried to re-register it as it says to do, but it won't take what I enter.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don;'t know what I did to cut it off. I was reading it and closed it and can't get' it back on.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.