Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

My kindle will not hold a charge for more than a few hours.

Customer Question

My kindle will not hold a charge for more than a few hours. Is it possible to get a replacement battery? Also, how do I get books from my Persoal Document Service and my account designation?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: kindle 2.5.6 (501108064)
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: For a number of months. I do not know what troubleshooting I can do.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, except how do I access my personal document service.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello Dave,

It is possible to replace the battery, but usually not feasible to do so.

A kit with the battery, tools, and instructions to do it yourself is about $40. To have a tech do it will run you about double that.

You can buy a brand new kindle for as little as $50: http://amzn.to/2iJrngN

When you receive your replacement kindle, once it is registered and connected to wifi, all of your existing books/purchases will sync to the new kindle, so you won’t lose any of the content you’ve previously purchased.

If you'd prefer to change the battery though I can help you with parts/repair options.

Regarding the personal documents, if you go into the Manage Your Content and Devices:

http://amzn.to/1N8muYQ

function within your amazon account (on your computer), you can pick the kindle then set up an email address for it (new or old) and anything you send to that address will be loaded to your kindle. You may of course continue to manually transfer documents and files to the new or old kindle via usb as well.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.
Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.