Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

After I changed my Yahoo password a year ago, my Kindle

Customer Question

After I changed my Yahoo password ***** year ago, my Kindle would not connect to the internet or my router. I finally got an email from Yahoo to allow service to less secure devices. I did it! Now months later, it is doing it again! Authenication Problem it says ! My router works for laptop and iPhone OK. My Kindle is totally useless! Email is***@******.*** Thanks, Bill
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I'll have to look for this info
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This week I got an email from Yahoo asking if I would allow less secure devices access to Yahoo. I said Yes.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't remember how to find serial # or make or model. It is about 3-4 years old.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-reader Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean when you connect the kindle to your Wi-Fi / wireless network name, it says Authentication problem?

Does your kindle have touchscreen?
What is the make/ model of your Internet modem/router device?
Do you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,