Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My kindle is frozen. about one inch at the top shows the

Customer Question

my kindle is frozen. about one inch at the top shows the "opening" graphics. then white space with the keyboard at the bottom. I have tried charging it and just leaving it alone but nothing helps.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Paperwhite--maybe three years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: about three days. Tried recharging.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.