Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have not used mu kindle for a few years,, nowit will not

Customer Question

I have not used mu kindle for a few years,, nowit will not let me log onand get to the app store
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I am looking
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 64 gb..just this morning,,
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: E-Readers
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

There was a critical update posted around March of last year that is required to continue using the Kindle. Since you haven't used it in some time, I'm assuming the update needing to be done is what's causing you problems.

Click the link below and follow the instructions on that page to update your Kindle. Keep in mind the USB to mini USB cable must be used to connect your Kindle to your PC for this update:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200529680

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.