Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It, Technician
Experience:  ... its a whole library in your hands.
2926636

I bought my husband a Kindle Paperwhite but can´t find how

Customer Question

Hello! I bought my husband a Kindle Paperwhite but can´t find how to make the page horizontal instead of vertical. In his older Kindle this was a very easy option. Thank you! Susan
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is the Paperwhite and we bought it about a month ago so I guess it´s the most recent model (not Voyage or the cheapest one).
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We have never been able to make the page read horizontally. If this is possible —it should be— could you just tell me how to do it. In the configuration "Todos los ajustes", this option does´t appear.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 4 months ago.

Hi ,

My name is Randy,

I will be glad to assist you with this.

In order to switch the Landscape Mode when you are reading ebooks on your Kindle Paperwhite follow these steps please:

1. Tap on the On Device on your Kindle Paperwhite.

2. Open your ebook that you want to read in the Landscape Mode.

3. Tap the upper or bottom area of your Kindle Paperwhite until the Menu appears.

4. On the menu, select the Landscape Mode .

5. You are now reading your ebook in the Landscape Mode on your Kindle Paperwhite

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Help! The menu on the upper area of the screen doesn´t offer Landscape Mode, nor even in ajustments of configuration.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ps - If it were that easy I wouldn´t be at this stage of looking for help. I am used to using a computer.

okay, when you have a book open, tap the top of the screen to open the toolbars/controls. You should see an 'Aa' icon at the top. Tap that icon to find font, reading progress, and page setting options.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
As this is really a pretty straightforward question, shall I take it that there is no way to read in the Kindle Paperwhite in landscape mode?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
After consulting several technicians with a very straight forward question and not being able to receive a satisfactory reply, I wish to cancel this process and expect that the fee charged to be reimbursed. I would appreciate a reply in aknowledgement that you have not been able to help me.
Susan Flaherty
PS I couldn´t even rate Mr. Bowman as the stars aren´t activated.
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 4 months ago.

Hi Susan my name is ***** ***** Dr.Fix-It , Your online expert ready to assist you..

Please note: This is an independent 24hr online paid assistance site, where independent experts in their field from across the globe, can assist you for the agreed upon fee, all in the privacy and comfort of your home. We are not paid a salary, are spending our personal unpaid time to help you and are only paid a part of your question deposit when you give a smiley face / star rating of 3 or higher for the timely professional advise provided.

First please CLICK HERE to get an update for your KINDLE PAPERWHITE software as should have the screen orientation option and make have an older version in which all features were note fully functional. Then see attached and can reference this link to see 'reading books' tutoril video as well.

Please give it a try Susan and let me know if have any questions along the way with a reply....only rate my answer ok, great, or EXCELLENT after we have worked on the issue together to your satisfaction. Bonuses are welcomed & appreciated. I look forward to any future inquires as well,

Thank You, Shaw

Pictured link is right above ^

If still unable to resolve and not satisfied with my help thus far, please let me know so can forward your inquiry to the site customer service. HAPPY NEW YEAR!