Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  Vice President of an Electronics Repair Company
329447

I'm trying to help my father use the Kindle 2 that he got

Customer Question

I'm trying to help my father use the Kindle 2 that he got for Christmas. My nephew got it for him. He put the Bible on it for my dad. He wants to be able to type in the book and scripture verse and go directly to it. However, the directions on the Kindle says that we are to open the Kindle Keyboard to navigate through this publications. How do I get to this keyboard within the Bible.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I don't know the make/model. He just got it for Christmas so I'm assuming he purchased it in early December or late November. Where do I go on the instrument to find make and model.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've just been messing with it since about 3 or 4 days ago. The search that is on the Bible contents page allows me to type part of a phrase but then it won't allow me to type the book and scripture.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 month ago.

Hi. I'm Steve and I will be assisting you today. I've been here since 2005.

*** Please note that I cannot take a call right now*** - the site is sending you those prompts, not me. If you need phone support, I can opt out and another expert will help you.

Ok, let's see what we can do here.

Keep in mind that the Kindle is not a proprietary "E-Bible". The search function is completely dependant on the version of the bible that you purchased. If it doesn't have search by verse, then you are not going to be able to search by verse.

THIS VERSION of the Bible DOES have search by verse. Purchase and download that version and follow the instructions to search by verse.

And please let me know if you need further help.

Happy New Year to you.
Steve