Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My kindle fire won't charge. don't now modle. it is aa

Customer Question

my kindle fire won't charge.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: don't now modle. it is aa kindle fire about 3 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 12 hours, tried other reeceptticels
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

The problem you're having is either due to the software in the Kindle locking up, or it needing a new charger in most cases. The first thing you would do, is simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If this does not allow the Kindle to register that it's charging, then you would want to purchase another charge cable to try (as the charge cables can fail without notice). That can be purchased at the link below:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/belkin-belkin-mixit-up-1-2m-4-ft-micro-usb-cable-f2cu012bt04-f2cu012bt04-blk/10437563.aspx?path=c48e4aeeb30b20c9acf5fdaeeab899a3en02

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.