Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

How do I register a credit card to purchase books for my

Customer Question

How do I register a credit card to purchase books for my kindle?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I am not sure of the make or model. We have had them for several years and have purchased things since 2010 at least. It was originally registered through Comcast.com but we have changed carriers and the credit card is most likely outdated. I need to update the information.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We hadn't used them in about a year now so when I attempted to purchase a book it indicated there was no current account.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: My interest is in registering our two kindles so we can purchase books on the kindle
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

The likely issue is that you have a card on file for your amazon account, but had been making purchases via the amazon website. If you didn't specifically associate a particular card with the kindle, or configure one to a one click setting for the kindle then you could face this issue.

There are a few easy steps to fix this though.

From your amazon account page on the computer,

First, go to Manage Payment Options:

http://amzn.to/1NupYm0

there you can be sure your card/bank info is correct (right address, valid expiration date, etc)

From there, go to Manage Your Content and Devices:

http://amzn.to/1N8muYQ

On this page, click on the SETTINGS tab at the top right,

then you can from there set a default card to be used for one click purchases on the kindle.

Under Kindle Payment Settings, click on the Edit Payment Method button, and you can set the card you want used for your kindle purchases.

After that, reboot the kindle by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, and it should operate normally from there.

Thanks,

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.
Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.