Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

My kindle wont fulfill a request for new book. It is VERY

Customer Question

My kindle wont fulfill a request for new book. It is VERY slow. how to I get it to work?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I will have to find that information and will try again. Is there a telephone number i can call for help?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Problem has been about two months. I tried restarting and it did not help.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,