Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

I am having difficulties with "fire stick" I don't know how

Customer Question

I am having difficulties with "fire stick" I don't know how to turn it off.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It' about one year old and was given to me as a gift
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I haven't used it more than once or twice so it is completely foreign to me
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No and thanks
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 20 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 20 days ago.

There is no on/off button for a firestick. It powers on and off automatically in unison with the tv.

There is no need to turn it off when not in use, and its power usage is extremely low. There is no harm in it being on when not being directly used.

When you are done using the firestick if you want to watch something else you just press the input/source button on your tv remote to change back over to cable/satellite/dvd/etc as needed.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.