rahul.pattnayak
rahul.pattnayak, Customer Service
Experience:  4 years+ experience as an Electronic technician
13842863

My kindle quit working won't charge. can it be repaired?

Customer Question

My kindle quit working won't charge . can it be repaired?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: amazon
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just started a couple days ago.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: can it be repaired?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  rahul.pattnayak replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for using justanswer.

please do the following steps,

1) Remove your Kindle from the charger if connected.

2) Press and hold (or slide and hold)the power button to the right and hold it there for 30 seconds.After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal. Continue holding the Power button.
If you only hold the Power button to the right for only 5 to 10 seconds you'll just turn the unit OFF. So,you have to hold the power button to the right for at least 30 seconds.
After the 30 seconds, release the Power button.The charge indicator light will turn on after a few seconds.
It will reboot and it will work again. Reply if it does not work.

Please leave a positive rating before leaving with the help of smiles.

Hope it helps.
Regards.
It would be kind enough to give a positive rating to my answer, but if you are going to click either "Poor service" or "Bad service", please stop and click on the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button so that i will be happy to assist you with your problem.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
DID NOT WORK.

If that does not work then follow these steps below.(remove the lether cover if you have it)

Connect the kindle to the charger wait for 5 mins. Even it does not charge.
After 5 mins(still connected to the charger) press and hold (or slide and hold) the power switch for at least 30 sec till you see a flicker in the kindle screen.Do it 3 to 4 times to reset the kindle, it will work.

If not then check for your connection between the charging cord and kindle, it might be loose. Please try to shake the cord while charging to see if it is loose.

If that doesn't helps then it verifies that kindle's charging pin has gone bad and the only option left is to replace the pin.For that you have to send it to Amazon because amazon directly supports and services the Kindle. You'll need to call them. In some cases, Amazon will not repair the Kindle and instead will offer a refurbished one at a lesser cost. Here is the link for Kindle Service and

Warranty information along with their phone number.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_kland_faq_warserv?nodeId=200144510&/lwarranty

You can also contact kindle support at

United States: 1-***-***-****
Outside the United States: 1-***-***-****

I hope you understand and find this information useful. Reply if it does not work.

Regards.