Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Several years of occasional experience with aspects of E-Reader technology.
13568747

Er. Am I already registered since I purchased it online with

Customer Question

er. Am I already registered since I purchased it online with Amazon - why can I not change my password ***** that is the case.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Where do I find this info - it is a 7 in. reader that I purchased about one month ago.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I put in my network name - Home lc88 - and then I tried to put in a new password ***** my old Kindle had gotten a virus and I was afraid to use my old password
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can I just use all my old info for the new Ereader or should I change the password?
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 19 days ago.

Hello! Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com; I am Russell H., an Expert here at JustAnswer.com, and I will do what I can to answer your question as well as it can be answered.

Purchasing a Kindle online does not register it to your Amazon.com account - and that, registering it to your Amazon.com account, is necessary on receiving it and setting it up for the first time.

Entering a new password *****'t work - except if you are assigning a new password ***** the new device, as opposed to registering it to Amazon. Password ***** have to be done, for online accounts like an Amazon.com account, by entering the old password ***** or logging in with the old password *****

Then after registering the new device with the old Amazon.com password, you can change your Amazon.com password ***** I think.

If you need more advice, or specifics, please Reply To Expert and let me know. I will be pleased to clear up any points of doubt.

- If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

(If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)

Thanks.