Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Several years of occasional experience with aspects of E-Reader technology.
13568747

Trouble getting started with a new nook GlowLight Plus.

Customer Question

trouble getting started with a new nook GlowLight Plus. Can't get pass wifi.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: GlowLight Plue brand new
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just now trying to set up
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just need help getting started
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hello! Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com; I am Russell H., an Expert here at JustAnswer.com, and I will do what I can to answer your question as well as it can be answered.

Try entering the password ***** passphrase for the WiFi, more carefully. Make sure that the distinction between UPPER CASE LETTERS and lower-case is entered correctly, while entering your WiFi passphrase.

That is the most common problem with connecting a Kindle or Nook or similar device, to WiFi.

The other possible problem would be, that you are trying to connect to the wrong WiFi. The right WiFi would be your own, whose wireless name (or 'SSID') would have the strongest signal, a full 5 bars of signal strength, in all likelihood.

If the WiFi connecting is not the problem, then tell me where exactly the problem you are asking about occurs, and I will guide you through the difficulty.