Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Kindle is fully charged, but dead. The screen shows "Book

Customer Question

My Kindle is fully charged, but dead. The screen shows "Book Details" page with WiFi icon, picture of battery and time (apparently time that the Kindle stopped running. The reset button on the bot***** *****ghts the green light that flashes and goes out. Please advise.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I do not know the model...it must be four or five years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This trouble started yesterday. I have tried nothing in the way of trouble shooting inasmuch as I do not know what to do.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thanks.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with the Model of the Kindle - and we can proceed.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.