Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I replaced the battery in my wifes kindle D00701 and the

Customer Question

I replaced the battery in my wifes kindle D00701 and the orange charge light will not stay on for more than 30 secs. it also wlll not power on , soft reset or hard reset
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Kindle 2 D00701. I have no idea how old, but it was one of the first
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: A year or so ago it would not turn on at all. Amazon said it was junk. I just happened to do some research recently and found out that I could replace the battery so I did
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Cris replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for contacting JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

Please try to force start your Kindle by doing the following:

1. If you have it connected to the charger currently remove for 30 seconds.

2. If you also have a case on the device please remove it.

3. Connect your Kindle to the charger for 5 minutes, after 5 minutes.

4. Leave on the charger press and hold the power button/switch for up to 1 minute or until the screen flickers which ever is shorter.

5. Then allow about 1-2 minutes for the software to load up.

Let me know if you have any further questions. Please take the time to rate my service and submit at the top.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You obviously did not read my entire question. The charge indicator light does not stay on for more than 30 seconds max. How can I charge it for 5 mins? I have tried leaving the power button on (taped) and plugged in and it shuts off. I have tried holding the power button for 30-45 secs and then waiting and nothing (both unplugged and plugged in). I have held the power switch on for 30-45 secs and then held down the home button for 30-45 secs to no avail (both unplugged and plugged in). I have tried multiple power cords and wall chargers to no avail. I have tried plugging into multiple computers to no avail. I have tried mixing all of this up to no avail. If I am going to be charged $28 please atleast take the time to read the full question and information provided.