Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Several years of occasional experience with aspects of E-Reader technology.
13568747

My wife (Doris) died last year. when I ordered this Voyage

Customer Question

My wife (Doris) died last year. when I ordered this Voyage Kindle ,I thought I had taken her name off of the order page. Now that I tried to register this Voyage ,I wonder if I can place orders for books the same as I did for the other Kindle that I destroyed, if not please tell me how to order books for this Voyage.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is a Voyage CE0700
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing is wrong with it, I want to be able to order on my name James, will Amazon change from Doris to James?
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hello! Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com; I am Russell H., an Expert here at JustAnswer.com, and I will do what I can to answer your question as well as it can be answered.

Kindle devices can buy or download to themselves, e-books that are 'in' an Amazon.com account, that they are both

A. logged in to (logged in to that Amazon.com account where the book is)

and

B. registered to.

I'm not sure if there will not be any problem with registering a Kindle that you ordered in her name, but really, there shouldn't be any problem. Kindles generally come shipped in an un-registered state, of course, so you can register them to any account you like. So I wouldn't worry - unless there's some purchasing option, that you actually used and invoked, that pre-registers the Kindle before shipping! and I don't think there is such a purchasing option, it would involve sharing your password ***** just anyone at Amazon... an unheard-of thing, really.

I think it'll be fine. Just register the Kindle meant for your late wife, to your own Amazon.com account, when you receive the Kindle. That'll see that it all works out fine.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.