Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Kindle just quit me last night. The word amazon appears,

Customer Question

Good morning; My Kindle just quit me last night. The word amazon appears, then the kindle turns off. I hold the on button again and the word amazon appears, then it turns off. I know the battery was at 70 percent last night. I was in the middle of a game and it froze then went black
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It was a little over a year ago. I know I have no more warrenty, I just want to know if I fried it somehow and should just buy another and is there a way to transfer my books from the old to the new. I have a lot of money in those books
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Since last night, and I cannot get the thing to turn on to trouble shoot anything
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just HELP
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.