Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of E-Readers
32989067

My wife and I both have Kindle's using the same email

Customer Question

my wife and I both have Kindle's using the same email adress***@******.***. A few months ago my credit card details changed when my cards were updated. I changed the details on Margaret's kindle but your system refused to acknowledge my kindle (philip's kindle). I have made numerous phone calls to people somewhere in Asia who I could not understand and had no idea what I was talking about. Since then my Kindle has been lying in the bottom of a drawer as I am unable to purchase any new books. Philip Parker
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: Its not a phone. its a kindle
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: As I said in my email I have had numerous attempts at using your phone number and been unable to get any help
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can tell you the serial no BOOA DOB 1345 OXJN Kindle version 3.4.2(###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

To renew this you must update the details via your computer on your Amazon account.

To do this, please do the below steps.

Visit the page for your account - https://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle

- Log into using your Amazon account (the same Amazon account you have registered on your Kindle)

On the right side select "Settings"

Under 'Kindle Payment Settings' (first option)

Click 'Edit Payment Method'

Change your credit card details.

Restart your Kindle and it will update

It will then be updated

Let me know please how you go

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm afraid that wont work because amazon only acknowledges my wifes account which has already been updated
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, but you need to sign out of your wifes account, so click on here name there in the top right, then click sign out.

Then sign in with your account please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The problem seems to be that using the same email address cause the problem. It worked before but not now. Im not prepared to spend any more time and effort on this and will be throwing it in the bin.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

It is not possible for two accounts to have one email, so you need to please sign out as per my last instructions then sign in with your email address please