Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Nook is about 3-4 years old. Good product. However,

Customer Question

My Nook is about 3-4 years old. Good product. However, recently it has My My Nook (3-4 years old) has recently been emitting loud "whistles" about 1 second in length, several times. Then nothing. Then whistles again.. Nothing special is happening at the time. Also, it leaves web sites frequently and return to the home page. ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Why does it whistle - annoying. Also, why does it leave a web site and return to home frequently?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Just a minute - I'll get it.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It is about 3 years old - no problems until recently. I have powered off, at least I guess so - there is no indication by the Nook. This hasn'
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: t stopped either problem.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Nook locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Nook for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Nook into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?