I'm sorry about the issue. Please press and hold the Power on / off button on your Kindle Fire for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on and check.
- If that does not work, please try:
- Swipe down from the top of the screen with two fingers to open Quick Actions menu.
Tip: If you're on the lock screen, place two fingers on the screen, swipe to the left, and then open Quick Actions.
Note: You will need to use two fingers to swipe down from the top.
- Tap Settings, and then double-tap the screen to open the Settings menu.
- Tap Accessibility, and then double-tap the screen to open the Accessibility menu.
- Next to Screen Reader, tap Off, and then double-tap the screen to confirm your selection.
- In the alert that appears, tap Continue, and then double-tap the screen. When the Screen Reader is disabled, Explore by Touch is turned off automatically.
- If needed, please use two fingers to swipe down form the top of the screen (like you did when you had to swipe in order to unlock the Kindle.) Then double tap on the + button and turn off the voice command mode and double tap mode if it's turned on.
- If needed, swipe down form the top, then select More, then select Accessibility, then de-select voice guide.
- If needed, use two fingers and slide from the top of the kindle down, then select Applications. Then select Voice guide off.
- Note: If needed, you may need to double-tap quickly on options you want.
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,