Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I dont have an ereader. I have a laptop. I have only made

Customer Question

I dont have an ereader. I have a laptop. I have only made one purchase from amazom last month that totaled $30.20; I seem to remember some discusion about free shipping but not about over $ 90.00 in reaccurring charges. I would have never agreed to that. I am 68 years old, retired and livinng on a fixed incocme in a high rise. It is all I can do to buy some decent presents for my sons for Christmas and pay my bills at this time of year but now I dont know what to do. i think i was miss;ead. I would be glad to pay the shipping charges for that payment but i want that 90;00 refunded bucause i feel i was defrauded. What do you thing? Sjould i contact the States attorney, or go see the Senior Services Lawyer or their Senior abuse department?.....
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I have a HP Windows 10 and it is abput 6 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried to canacell thru Amazon Prime and it said their system was down severel times for several hours. Then I tried some of the offers on line but they either wanted a significant amt of money or wanted me to sign up for a credit card.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a credit card with Marine bank in good standing. I used to work at Senior Services of Central Illinois and i will be talking to me friends their Monday but I prefer to handle this myself.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Amazon.com is usually a quite reasonable company with a very good reputation. I'm slightly surprised to hear about the problem you mention.

Are the 90 dollars of excess charges, to your Amazon.com account, please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't have any charges with amazon. I just made a1 $30. and charge it to my card and they offered me free shipping I guess but I know I didn't agree to continuing charges of $90. I would never agree to that especially at this time of year when money is tight with Christmas. My account is a mess and if I have to wait 30 days to resolve this I don't know what I will do.

If it isn't Amazon.com that charged you, then I advise you to take up the charge with your bank.

Your bank should, when you call them and identify the charge date, yourself, your card, you can have them look up and find out who charged you $90 (or whatever the exact amount is) and find out what caused it and whether you want to simply stop the payment, or otherwise deal with it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I cant afford anything else. I cant even pay my bills. This is critical to me.

OK. What bank is your card associated with?

I do not need numbers, identity, etc. I just need the name of your bank, that's it.)

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Marine Bank in Springfield IL
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have cancelled the charge and will be refunded.

I'm sorry to hear that your opinion of the worth of our service provided was unfavorable.

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.