Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I have a kindle fire 7 and my husband also has one his we

Customer Question

I have a kindle fire 7 and my husband also has one his we were able to get connected but mine won't connect and we have the same wifi but we want different accounts
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: just know it's a kindle fire 7 we got locked out so have to wipe data and reboot and mine I can't get passed the wifi as it won't authenticate.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've had it since last Christmas and my husband had his for two weeks. We bought them both used and the guy we got them from happens to be my son's friend. He didn't deregister them and neither did I. He deleted our names from his account and they locked up. I wasn't using his private accounts as I mostly play games So today we wiped the data and rebooted and now can't get passed wifi authenticate. It locked up yesterday morning
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-reader Tech replied 6 days ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What is the model of your Internet modem/router device?

Does it ask for Wi-Fi / wireless password? If yes, do you know your exact wi-fi / wireless password ***** key (it is case-sensitive)?

What's the exact full error message?
Do you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,